I was a little worried when we arrived in Frankfurt because I had 20 minutes to get from Concourse A to Concourse C. My legs have never walked so fast. There is one gate only for flights to Tel Aviv and the security screening is a lot stricter. When I passed on into the gate area after security, I learned the flight wasn't quite ready to board. Good thing - every little bit of delay helped my luggage marked "HOT" to get to the plane and low and behold it arrived. Going through customs was a piece of cake - no additional questioning for this girl!!
The tour company sent a taxi to pick up the two of us arriving. Many others arrived earlier and three late, late last night. Our tax driver was an immigrant from Afghanistan. He and thousands of other fled to various countries. Israel volunteered to take 162. He loves Israel and said he would never go home. We arrived in Jerusalem about an hour later. Jerusalem is very hilly and everything is the same color. Every building must be a large percentage of limestone. Lots of pretty parks and lots or people.
I got here early enough to pick up some jewelry Ethnics Art Cooperative was holding for me. David Yomtov is wonderful - the nicest man. He gave me permission to mention the shop's website, so here goes - www.ethnicsart.com. The items are a little pricey but all is hand made with genuine metals and stones. 

Next I headed to the Jerusalem Night Market that is held every Thursday evening at the end of Ben Yehuda Street and Yafo Street. Muscians playing at various spots. Great atmosphere.
After checking out Ben Yehuda Street (one of the major pedestrian shopping streets) I headed back to the hotel. After being up over 24 hours I was pooped. Stay tuned - the best is yet to come!!!







Glad you had a good trip. Frankfurt can be tricky.
ReplyDelete